วันเสาร์ที่ 9 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

In Honor of One of My Writing Heroes

Author : Jeff Herring
When I was growing up, one of my favorite columnists was the late great Sydney J. Harris.One of my favorite quotes from him is:"When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'"He had a way of cutting through the fluff and straight to the point.Long, long before I ever dreamed of having the privilege of writing a column, I looked forward to reading his column. My favorites were the ones he called "Things I've learned while looking up other things."I guess I was being influenced more than I realized, because to
day marks the first column of life musings and lessons, called, in honor of Sydney J. -Things I've noticed along the way so farCouples who get married thinking that marriage is a 50/50 proposition have a lot to learn about marriage AND math.Folks who brag about being brutally honest seem to enjoy the brutality more than the honesty.I don't trust parenting experts who hold up their own family, not just as an example of their own at-home laboratory, but as the perfect ideal.No matter how good things get, I can always find a way to mess it up.Two quick and fairly accurate ways to assess the character
of people:1) What's on their bookshelf?2) How do they handle money (no matter how much they have)?Adults tend to talk about teen-agers as if they are at best, from a foreign country, and at worst, another planet. We ALL hurt in the same places.As much as I am blessed to get the inside perspective on the female view of the world everyday in my office or seminars I'm still just a male, which simply means that there are certain things I will never completely get. And what's worse, it will never even occur to me at first to consider some things, just because I have never actually, physically looked upon the world through female eyes.I'd trade all my success in a second for that wonderful feeling you get when you spend time with a trusted friend who understands and accepts you.There are still times when I wish I could talk with and get my dad's perspective on a problem.Marriage, like success, or just about anything else, is really not so very difficult. The tools are out there, and have been for a long time. We just have to be willing to consistently use them.There's really just no room for pride in an intimate relationship.As soon as I hear myself judging someone, or saying I would never do that!, I know it won't be long until I'm faced with a similar situation.Most folks operate under the false notion that you can't see into car windows at a stop light.Visit http://www.TheArticleGuy.com for more leading edge tips and tools for writing articles that bring you prospects, publicity and profits. You can also subscribe to our monthly Article Writing & Marketing Tips Newsletter. You are also invited to visit my Express-Start Article Writing Program for more information on the next article writing tele-seminar.
Keyword : inspiration, jeff herring

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: