วันเสาร์ที่ 22 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2551

What's Your Bright Side?

Author : Debbie Burgin
Not such a long time ago, I found myself lamenting about the trials and tribulations of this thing that is called my life. I’m a divorced mother of three, and at the time all I could see was a glass that was half full of pure crap. The ex and I were hassling over child support, which meant that I was paying a lawyer time after do-nothing time to sit by my side and behave as though she were a mime in front of a judge in a child support hearing. $5500 later, I decided that I’d cut my losses, and toss “Ms. Do Nothing” to the curb. So the ex didn’t want to pay more, at least I wasn’t using what he did pay to support a friggin’ lawyer.I get mail on a regular basis from women in all walks of life, and some of their stories would make your hair stand. One of those women has an ex husband who, after losing an enormous amount of weight, decided that he’d much rather be single. So before even leaving the home that he shared with his wife and children, he created himself a profile on an online dating site, and found himself a “playmate”...while he was still married.Then there’s the lovely lady whose husband was having an affair with one of the other moms at the school that hers and this other woman’s children were attending. He would bring this woman into the house that he shared with his wife and children for fun and games, while his wife was at work during the day! He’s now her ex-husband, and he takes any and every opportunity to make her life absolutely miserable, taking her to court over every five minute change in the children’s visitation schedule. He even emails her his immature gripes on a regular basis…four page letters that he expects her to respond to …immediately. When she doesn’t respond in some fashion, he contacts his lawyer, and she gets one of his rants via snail mail. She has changed her email address, and he’s sent her (by mail) a 3 page letter on his disagreement with that!! She sends the children to his house with new clothing, it doesn’t come back with the children…the ex keeps it. Never to be seen again.My ex husband can be an ass. No doubt about that, he definitely has his moments. But compared to the ex-husbands of some of the women that I receive mail from, and even some that I know, he’s a brand new pair of Jimmy Choos.The point here is this: Regardless of your situation, there’s always a bright side. Regardless of what you have to deal with, you could always have worse. God only knows why I didn’t get a husband who had stones big enough to bring some woman into my bed. If that were the case, I’d most likely be writing this from a jail cell now (and something tells me that he suspected this).Find the bright side of your story. You know what my bright side is? My bright side is that my ex doesn’t harass me by email, the clothing that I send to his house with the kids returns with the kids, and he hasn’t chosen to live half a block away from where I live (Thank God).Add to that, I have three healthy, happy children, I get every other weekend “off” when my “angels” are with the ex (didn’t have that before my divorce), and life is better than I ever imagined.What’s your bright side?Martinis For Everyone!Debbie Burgin.Copyright 2005 Debbie Burgin All Rights Reserved.Join Debbie at http://www.debbieburgin.blogspot.com for more post divorce tips.
Category : Ezine Marketing

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: